General information for Visa applicants
- Applications for Indian visa are accepted at the Embassy from 0930 hours to 1200 hours. Collection of visas/passports is from 1600 hours to 1700 hours - Monday to Friday, except holidays.
- All applicants for Indian visa are required to fill in the online visa application form. Hand-written applications are no longer accepted by the Embassy. Visa applications are not accepted by post.
- After carefully filling in the application form online, please take a printout of the application, sign it and submit it to the Embassy with passport valid for a minimum of six months beyond the period of visa required, two recent identical photographs (50mm x 50mm) (with white background), copies of documents required for the type of visa applied for, as well as original documents for verification. Please do not staple any photograph. In addition, applicants are required to bring a photocopy of his / her passport (first page only) and copy of air-ticket. In case of nationals other than Czech, copy of visa page / resident permit is also required.
- When filling in the application form online please select “Czech-Prague” in the field “Indian Mission”.
- Please visit the following web site for the online application form and other details: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in
- Processing of visa applications will take a minimum of one week’s time. In some cases this period could be longer. Applicants may check the status of their application online and approach the Consular Section of the Mission from Monday to Friday between 04.00 PM and 05.00 PM to pick up their visas.
- The Embassy makes every effort to issue tourist and business visas after 4 working days (excluding the day of submission and collection) after application, provided all documents are complete. However, there would be delays depending on individual process requirements.
- For applicants who do not have Czech passport, an additional five to seven days processing time is required. There is also additional processing fee.
- Foreigners holding other than Czech Passports should submit proof of long-term stay (at least two years/Czech Resident Permit) in the Czech Republic.
- All fees should be paid in cash at the time of application. We do not accept cheques or credit cards. Fees once received will not be refunded, even if visa application is withdrawn by the applicant or visa is not issued.
- Acceptance of visa application does not guarantee issue of visa. The issue of visa, its type and duration are determined on the merits of each case.
- Enquiries on visas may be addressed to the Consular Officer at 257 533 490 or at email@example.com. If there are extraordinary circumstances, please ask to speak to the First Secretary (Consular) at the same number; or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. While addressing the queries by email, it is necessary for the sender to write his / her name, place and other coordinates like telephone number, etc.
- IMPORTANT: Visas are valid from the date of issue and not from the date of entry into India. Applicants may take this into account while specifying the duration of visa required.
- Please make sure that you correctly specify the category of visa applied for, depending on the purpose of your visit. Activities in India incompatible with the category of the visa may result in immediate revocation of the visa.
- Any person seeking a visa to India for purpose of entering into a surrogacy arrangement must ascertain beforehand whether the law of his / her country permits surrogacy and will provide appropriate travel documents to the child for accompanying the surrogate parents. Entering into surrogacy arrangement under any other visa not sought for surrogacy is punishable under the Indian law.
- Visa applicants may please note that satellite telephone services are not permitted in India. Any person found to be making unauthorized use of such services will be prosecuted and all the sets found in his / her possession will be seized under relevant Indian laws.
Visa Fees Schedule for: